Bug List

        1. The drive thru line at Chic-fil-a on Archer, becomes ridiculously long at lunch time. It backs out into the street.
- Bug exists because it is such a popular restaurant on a major road during everyones lunch break, near a college campus.
        2. There are shopping carts in parking lots that block me from parking at times.
- People are too lazy to walk the carts back to the store or even place into the cart holders in the parking lot.
       
        3. I can hear a lot of things going on in the apartments surrounding me.
- The walls are very thin in the complexes near a college campus.

        4. There is heavy traffic on the interstate near Orlando during rush hour traffic.
- So many people are getting off work that the roads get extremely congested.

        5. At some public parks, there is a lot of litter strewn about the floor, diminishing the beauty of nature.
- Many people don’t care about the environment and throw trash about, or there are no trash cans nearby. 

        6. It takes an extended amount of time for the water in a shower to heat up to optimal temperature.
- The water heater takes awhile to heat up the water and get it to the shower. 

        7. When dog hair gets everywhere in a car, house, or on clothes.
- Dogs shed often and their hair sticks to a lot of house hold materials.

        8. When there are no charging ports for a laptop or phone in an area where I am stationed
- There generally aren’t many people in those areas so ports weren’t originally stationed there.

        9. When I lose track of where I was reading a book and have to go back and read multiple paragraphs to find my place.
- No one uses anything to keep track of their place reading for the most part and there are many distractions to pull you away from it

       10. It is extremely cold in the apartment during winter.
- My roommates don’t want to spend money on electricity to turn the heat on.

       11. When my phone dies and I have no way of charging it
- iPhone batteries don’t hold a charge very well

       12. The lines at theme parks take an extremely long time 
- There are limited rides with an excessive amount of people, all willing to wait.

       13. Getting gas at the local Wawa gas station at lunch time takes a long time as there are lines for the pumps.
-It is a newer and better gas station that just opened recently and their prices are always good.

       14. When someone smells bad in an enclosed area.
- They most likely did not wear deodorant, and now everyone is paying for their lack of hygiene.

       15. When gas prices rise excessively.
- There is a lack of gas in the area so gas stations can uncharge what they have.

       16. Waiting at red lights when there are no cars in the entire intersection but yours.
- Some lights are on timers instead of sensors and you have to wait for the entire cycle.

       17. When people ride your ass while driving.
- Some people are just inconsiderate while others are in a hurry for whatever reason (ex: work, family emergency, late for an event).

       18. When the internet connection is really slow.
- There could be network issues from your providers side, or too many people using the network at the same time.

       19. When I go to grab something to eat out of the fridge or pantry and it’s moldy.
- Generally it was something expired and left in its place for too long without anyones knowledge.

       20. When you can hear a fly or mosquito flying around your ear but can’t seem to kill it.
- They are very small and quick. It is hard to judge where they will go, they can see our huge hands coming towards them to dodge it, and its even harder to see them at night.

Challenges:
It was extremely difficult at first to come up with more than five bugs. Then, once I hit 10 I thought there was nothing else in this world I could put down. But as I began to break things down into simpler topics, it became a little easier to come up with objects of annoyance and the reasons behind them. 

Sometimes there are things that are annoying just to me and not others that I didn’t think I should add, such as people chewing with their mouth open, or loudly. On top of that, some items of annoyance seemed to have too many undefined reasons for being a bug so I left those out too. But breaking some of those bigger annoyances down into smaller terms and singled them out, it was easier to come up with the rest of the list!

Comments

  1. Hey Stephan Victor,
    You did a great job in coming up with 20 bug list, I understand the task looks easy but with time it becomes harder. I also like the fact you carefully examined your personal life and came up with the things bother you. I do relate with most of the bug in your list, for example traffic which is a huge problem in my city(Dar es Salaam) especially during rainy sessions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment