Elevator Pitch No. 1






Transcript:

Hi. My name is Stephan Victor. I'm an entrepreneur and an avid commuter on long drives to both Gainesville and Miami. The long trips have become a part of my lifestyle, but they take up so much of my time with routine traffic jams which are seemingly made just to put me behind schedule.

I do not stand alone in my vexation of the long drives with angry and sporadic drivers, random accidents which cause extended lane closures and the timely yet bothersome rush hours. There is a way around such maddening drives which tend to do nothing but put people in a bothersome mood. One such escape route is an express lane. 
Now there are multiple express lanes put up throughout major cities, but there are not nearly enough to put a seize to such nettlesome traveling ventures.
I propose to add more express lanes than there already are, and to add new ones to tight areas in which they have not yet been introduced.

According to Business Insider, "the average US commuter spends about 42 hours in traffic per year", and not only that, but they lose "$1,400 idling away gas". If we were to put up more express lanes, this would be much less of an issue.

Not only would putting up express lanes aid in everyday travel time, but it would also end up saving drivers a lot of money on gas. And in an era where gas prices continue to rise daily, and time becomes ever so much more precious, this could be the easy out we are all looking for.


Comments

  1. Good afternoon Stephan let me first apologize for pronouncing your name wrong every time I read it! But I also really enjoyed your elevator pitch it was one the best you seemed very confident with what you were presenting and I really like the fact that you threw in some facts in the pitch I can’t believe that much gas is wasted just sitting there!! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome elevator pitch! It was happy and spirited, but still backed it up with solid facts. When you look at how much time and money is wasted sitting in traffic every year, it makes the cost of added express lanes seem nearly insignificant. Have you thought about which specific highways/sections you would like to add express lanes to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the video Stephan! I think your idea is well thought of and would definitely benefit many people. Saving time and money is something I am always interested in doing so I like how you too that approach. I am from Orlando so I know all about the long and sometimes often drives and that is why I completely support your idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment