Solving the Problem

1. The Problem I presented previously was that traffic in Miami is terrible. There is hardly a time on either the highway, turnpike, or a major road in the heart of the city where there isn't heavy congestion.

2. The potential solution that I came up with was to open express lanes that people would pay for to use, but then they would be by passing the traffic jams and saving a lot of time. This would be done with a sun pass like concept. You could buy a transmitter to place in your car that pays automatically when you get on, or you can stop and pay a toll at the booth before entering the express lanes. 

Comments

  1. Hey Stephan! I don’t think I’ve posted a comment to your opportunity yet. I really like your idea about solving the traffic back up and congestion I think it’s a really good way to solve the problem. I live in a small town so it’s not common for traffic to back up however, there is the occasion in which I have to visit cities like Jacksonville or Gainesville and I know traffic can get horrible. But I wonder if people who live in the smaller towns visiting the bigger cities would be willing to pay to because they don’t really have to deal with it daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephan. I recently noticed you are from Rockledge as am I. I have been to Miami several times as well a i agree the traffic there is horrific. Your solution sounds like you put great thought into the problem at hand and I`m positive that your solution would be successful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph, Traffic is one of the problem that affects major cities include my home city Dar es Salaam. I think express lanes will work on reducing traffic, however the cost to access the express lanes will key factor on the reduction of traffic. Therefore, I think a reasonable prices should be set that not everyone can pay for the lanes and not everyone can't afford. You did a great job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment