Idea Napkin No. 2

1. Me:
As team captain of both my club and varsity soccer team, I've been captain for over 5 years. This increased my leadership and communication ability ten fold. On top of that, being a people person has increased my ability to communicate even further and aided in my ability to persuade others as well.
I have aspirations to become some one to remember and someone in which my friends and family can look up to. If my idea were to pay off, it would benefit me and everyone else in the large surrounding cities who drive by decreasing the amount of congestion on major roads.

2. What am I offering to Customers?
My service is an express lane in which I would put up on major highways which tend to constantly be congested with accidents or other incidents which cause delays in everyones day. Being able to get from point A to point B in a timely manner is a huge plus and benefit in everyones life!

3. Who are we offering it too?
We are offering this service to anyone who lives in a major city that tends to have its major roads constantly congested. On top of this, the customers of this service must have a car and a reason to drive through the city, so they need a job or need to go to school some distance away from them.

4. Why do they care?
The convenience of an express lane will allow customers to get to work, school, sporting, and other events in a timely manner and beat the general traffic that tends to surround large cities. Time is a commodity that you can't pay for, but you can save it but using express lanes while driving. Traffic is so common and so extremely vexing to the average driver. 

5. What are your core competencies?
Price and placement will be my key factors. If there are other express lanes nearby I will need to find where the most congestion is and add express lanes there in order to further dilute the major roads and give an alternative to heavy traffic. On top of that I will need to be able to offer a price that is comfortable and not over the top that customers will be willing to pay.

Evaluation:

I believe that this idea is completely plausible and would benefit the consumers who use my service. However while it could be a huge benefit to others, there are also holes that may cause difficulty in actually executing this idea. For example, the amount of money and time it would take to build one single express lane in one city would be huge. And I was planning on doing multiple in many major cities not just in one area.

Feedback:
I received some great feedback from both Hannah Taylor and Elton Jacob. In my previous napkin idea I stated that I would undercut the prices of my service so that others would be more willing to use my express lanes over any competing in the area. However Elton stated that I needed to also be able to make a profit and maintain the express lanes so I couldn't drop prices too low. This is insight I will definitely take into the future, but since prices have not yet been addressed I did not need to alter anything as of now. Hannah also broadened my idea to open up express lanes in many major cities instead of keeping them condensed in a certain area.

Comments