Reading Reflection No. 2
How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams
1. The general theme:
There were a lot of things to take out of this book, but the book was generally about self improvement and how to better yourself regardless of surrounding situations.
2. How this book connected and enhanced my ENT3003 experience:
Throughout the book, there were countless moments in which you could tie certain aspects of what the author wrote to Entrepreneurship. Explaining that there are more failures than successes is a common concept that we all know but tend to over look. Trying out new ideas by being an entrepreneur will most definitely follow along this path. But by knowing that with every failure you learn something that you didn't know before, you will be able to push forward and improve yourself and your ideas.
3. Exercise based on book:
I would say that students should find something simple and not too time consuming, but an activity that would improve them in some way. that they enjoy doing and make it a routine. Write about it and tell how it makes them feel and why they enjoy it. Being systematic instead of setting goals was a part of the book that hit me particularly hard.
4. Biggest "aha" moment:
The biggest "aha" moment I had was probably when he stated to look after yourself first and then look out for others. You can't help others if you aren't in a position to help others. I have always been a strong believer in giving all I can to those around me, even at the cost of my time or well being. Learning to put myself first will most definitely help me and those around me in the long run even if I am less giving initially.
Hey Stephan,
ReplyDeleteGreat job, I enjoyed reading the review of the book. I totally agree with the author that as an entrepreneur you will encounter a lot of failure, but always try to overlook those failure and always try out new ideas. I believe by failure is when you learn how to succeed.