Celebrating Failure
1. Fortnite. The game that seems to be taking the world by storm. I can guarantee that more than half of this class is playing the game currently as I'm typing this haha.
Getting a Victory Royale is no simple feat. There is a lot of strategy and a lot of luck involved in the game and because there is always a different outcome it never gets old. 99 players lose every game out of 100, and I'm normally on the shit end of the stick! Game after game, loss after loss after loss.
2. But every loss isn't in vain! Every time there is an opportunity to improve upon the way I play I can! Learning to build faster, organize my inventory, play strategically, and get high ground comes with practice. As with most games, this is a test of trial and error until you do everything correctly! Learning is a big part of it, and as they continue to update and add more things, there are more things to learn from losing every game!
3. Failure is something that seems to be a constant for most people. And in general it brings a terrible feeling to your gut. In general, it is embarrassing, although for a video game it is less so unless you get double pumped in the face from a noob and then you feel like crap. There is no way to get around it. Failure is a part of learning, and this class has built upon that belief I had. Without failure that can not be success. Go out and do the things you never thought you could until you can!
Getting a Victory Royale is no simple feat. There is a lot of strategy and a lot of luck involved in the game and because there is always a different outcome it never gets old. 99 players lose every game out of 100, and I'm normally on the shit end of the stick! Game after game, loss after loss after loss.
2. But every loss isn't in vain! Every time there is an opportunity to improve upon the way I play I can! Learning to build faster, organize my inventory, play strategically, and get high ground comes with practice. As with most games, this is a test of trial and error until you do everything correctly! Learning is a big part of it, and as they continue to update and add more things, there are more things to learn from losing every game!
3. Failure is something that seems to be a constant for most people. And in general it brings a terrible feeling to your gut. In general, it is embarrassing, although for a video game it is less so unless you get double pumped in the face from a noob and then you feel like crap. There is no way to get around it. Failure is a part of learning, and this class has built upon that belief I had. Without failure that can not be success. Go out and do the things you never thought you could until you can!
I actually really enjoyed this post! Although I’m more of a PUBG enthusiast myself, I can definitely appreciate the comparison. It’s great to see what most see as failure as a learning opportunity. Most think Thomas Edison failed at making the lightbulb 1,000 times, but he famously said “I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.”
ReplyDelete