Reading Reflection No. 3
The Art of Social Media
by Guy Kawasaki
1. Theme.
This book is about controlling social media and using it as a beneficial tool for you and your business.
2. How did it enhance my ENT experience?
ENT has so many applications to it that it is hard to absorb all of them in one class. Even at the end of this class there are so many other things that we have yet to learn. However reading this book has opened my eyes to another side of entrepreneurship.
When I think Entrepreneurship, I think exclusively of a business and the business side of things. I tend to hop over the marketing aspect and the role that social media can play in shedding your company in a positive light.
A big part of the book was what was known as the "Feeding the Content Monster". This is providing enough content for your followers to keep them entertained and into your program. Making quality content takes time, so it's essential to find other quality content elsewhere and put your own spin on it, showing your opinions and stand points. Something other people can get behind. This brings out a characteristic that people can relate to and will keep them more loyal.
3. Design an Exercise.
An exercise that could be derived from this book would be for students to go out and find a quality content post online from a company they like. They can take out the major point of the article, find a graphic that goes with it, and state the article in their own words with their own thoughts and opinions.
4. Biggest Surprise.
The biggest "Aha" moment that I found in this book was the idea that you need to cut right to the chase. When I think of reading articles or other things online, I tend to think of all the fluff that tends to be added on. Sometimes all you need to do is get right to the point and add on what you want to after that!
Hey Stephan,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your review and the book sounds very interesting. I totally agree that social media platform play a major role in marketing or letting people know about one's product or service. Therefore creating quality content is a very great strategy to come up with.