What's Next?
Existing Market:
After describing my business venture to a few people who are already using the service of express lanes on a regular basis, they all seemed intrigued and generally happy with the idea. All were accepting and had no argument against using express lanes that I put up in areas where they are needed. Essentially what I got was a go ahead from them all.
However once I asked what I should be doing that isn't being done currently by other express lanes, I seemed to hit a wall. Express lanes have been around for quite some time and they are essentially all the same. There aren't many differentiations besides where they are and occasionally price. However a few pitches from the current customers hit the wall and stuck with me! One such idea was to create a more colorful express lane so that it is more enticing than the dull and boring express lanes already in place.
New Market:
Now this took some time to think of. I believe my idea of having the different levels of payment for different amounts of usage to be practical for a majority of drivers, regardless of income. So finding a radical group was a little more difficult. However after thinking for awhile, I was able to look into truck driving companies. This is a market that I had never exclusively planned to hit, but would seem to have a lot of thru traffic from.
I was only able to talk to one truck driver and he was not too insightful on what would make it better for him, he just seemed to agree with the idea and said it would be helpful. He did however mention that if he got points that he could earn somewhere by using the express lanes so much, and then there was a store that he could stop at, at the north and south end (or east and west, whichever way the express lane runs) of the express lane, then he would be more inclined to shop there, use his points plus extra money on other snacks or beverages and then hit the road again. Somewhat like a rest area, but with points. I thought that was a very interesting idea to take into account and look into!
This new market seems to have a lot of potential that I had originally over looked. I know that truck drivers are constantly driving, so express lanes would serve them well and be a steady source of income. On top of that, the idea that there could be a store in which drivers could spend both cash and earned points from using the express lanes was a very neat idea!
After describing my business venture to a few people who are already using the service of express lanes on a regular basis, they all seemed intrigued and generally happy with the idea. All were accepting and had no argument against using express lanes that I put up in areas where they are needed. Essentially what I got was a go ahead from them all.
However once I asked what I should be doing that isn't being done currently by other express lanes, I seemed to hit a wall. Express lanes have been around for quite some time and they are essentially all the same. There aren't many differentiations besides where they are and occasionally price. However a few pitches from the current customers hit the wall and stuck with me! One such idea was to create a more colorful express lane so that it is more enticing than the dull and boring express lanes already in place.
New Market:
Now this took some time to think of. I believe my idea of having the different levels of payment for different amounts of usage to be practical for a majority of drivers, regardless of income. So finding a radical group was a little more difficult. However after thinking for awhile, I was able to look into truck driving companies. This is a market that I had never exclusively planned to hit, but would seem to have a lot of thru traffic from.
I was only able to talk to one truck driver and he was not too insightful on what would make it better for him, he just seemed to agree with the idea and said it would be helpful. He did however mention that if he got points that he could earn somewhere by using the express lanes so much, and then there was a store that he could stop at, at the north and south end (or east and west, whichever way the express lane runs) of the express lane, then he would be more inclined to shop there, use his points plus extra money on other snacks or beverages and then hit the road again. Somewhat like a rest area, but with points. I thought that was a very interesting idea to take into account and look into!
This new market seems to have a lot of potential that I had originally over looked. I know that truck drivers are constantly driving, so express lanes would serve them well and be a steady source of income. On top of that, the idea that there could be a store in which drivers could spend both cash and earned points from using the express lanes was a very neat idea!
Again, I think it’s awesome that you want to start utilizing a loyalty card to reward your customers and also promote more frequent use of the express lanes. If they were able to use these points to get a discount of a certain percent at a store that you own or are a stakeholder in, you will also make money when the card encourages customers to spend at the store.
ReplyDelete